The last date for submission of application forms for Haj 2021 has been extended to 10 January, Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi announced on Thursday, reported Press Trust of India.
According to a statement issued by the minister”s office, the embarkation point-wise estimated cost per pilgrim has also been reduced. Naqvi also said that the Haj is scheduled for June- July 2021, and the entire process is being followed as per the guidelines issued by the governments of Saudi Arabia and India in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Today, December 10, was the last date for submission of application forms for Haj 2021, and now it has been extended to January 10, 2021,” the statement said quoting Naqvi after he chaired a meeting of the Haj Committee of India here.
Over 40,000 applications have been received so far for Haj 2021. These include more than 500 applications under the category of women (desirous of travelling) without ”Mehram” (male companion), the statement said.