A residential house was gutted in a blaze that broke out in the aftermath of a domestic gas cylinder blast here in Livar village on Wednesday afternoon.
Reports reaching GNS that house of one Reyaz Ahmad Ganaie son of Ghulam Mohammad caught fire this afternoon after an LPG cylinder went off. The fire soon spread to the whole of structure dealing a substantial damage to it besides the belongings kept inside.
The Fire and Emergency Services (F&ES) reached the spot to contain the fire with assistance from locals. After an hour of hectic efforts, the fire was controlled from spreading to other structures in the vicinity.
It has been in the meantime learnt that daughter of the house owner has received minor injury in her foot during the incident.
Confirming the incident Tehsildar Pahalgam Dr Mohamad Hussain Ahmad told GNS that the residential house has received major damage in the inferno.
“We are assessing the loss into it”, the official added. (GNS)