Almost a dozen members of a family fell unconscious while the condition of three of them remains critical after they allegedly consumed ‘forest herbs’ in Shirhama Mawar area of Handwara in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, Officials said Wednesday.
Officials told said that a family at Shirhama Mawar area consumed ‘forest herbs’ late last evening following which a dozen members of the family fell unconscious.
The officials said that the neighbours shifted them to nearby hospital where from three of them were referred to SMHS hospital Srinagar for special treatment.
“However the condition of three persons remains critical in the hospital all day,” they said.
They further said that prima facie it seems that the herbs (forest vegetables) they consumed were poisonous in nature. However, another official said that the condition of other family members is stable are they are under observation. (KNO)