Srinagar: A casual labour of the Kashmir Power Distribution Corporation Ltd (erstwhile Power Development Department) died of electrocution in Zakura area of Srinagar city on Wednesday.
A police officer told Tariq Ahmad Dar son of Ghulam Rasool received an electric shock while repairing a transmission line in Zakura area today at around 7:00 am.
Dar, a resident of Malbagh was seriously injured due to electric shock, said the officer.
He was immediately taken to health facility (Sub-Centre) Naseembagh where doctors declared him brought dead on arrival, said the officer.
Dar was working as a casual labourer in PDD department, he said.
Investigations are underway to see if there was any negligence on part of the power department. (GNS)