Youth dies of asphyxiation in Jammu’s Doda

The Kashmir Walla needs you, urgently. Only you can do it.

The Kashmir Walla plans to extensively and honestly cover — break, report, and analyze — everything that matters to you. You can help us.

Most Read This Week

Jammu: An 18-year-old youth, working in a hotel as cook, died of suffocation while his colleague was found in unconscious state after the duo had kept a coal gas heater in their room in Doda district, officials said on Thursday.

A police official told GNS duo Shahnawaz Hussain (18), and Adil Hussain Sheikh (22), both residents of Dharam area of Tehsil Gool in District Ramban were working as cooks in a hotel at Kahara, Doda.

They were found in unconscious state in their rented room nearby and subsequently removed to hospital where doctors declared Adil brought dead on arrival, he said. Adil has been admitted and is under treatment, he said. His condition is stated to be stable, the official said. He said preliminary investigation has revealed that they had kept coal gas heater in the room and the death seems to be due to asphyxiation, he added.. (GNS)

Choose a plan as per your location

Latest News

Man arrested for wife’s murder in central Kashmir

Police in Budgam have cracked a murder case within 24 hours by arresting an accused person involved in the...

More Articles Like This