An eighteen-year-old boy was electrocuted to death in Suderkoot Payeen area of north Kashmir’s Bandipora district on Saturday afternoon, officials said.
Officials told a local news agency, Kashmir News Observer (KNO), that a teenager received an electric shock at his home following which he was taken to a nearby hospital where he was declared as brought dead.
He identified the deceased boy as Irshad Ahmad Sheikh (18), son of Gulam Nabi Sheikh of Suderkoot Payeen.
Meanwhile, police has taken the cognizance of this incident and after legal medical formalities, the body deceased was handed over to his family, the officials added. (KNO)