Seven members of a family fell unconscious in south Kashmir’s Shopian district after mistakenly consuming a medicinal plant in tea.
A local news gathering agency Kashmir News Observer (KNO) quoting unnamed officials reported that a child of the family in Nabal Zawoora area of Shopian had grinded a medicinal plant probably Argemone mexicana and mixed it with tea.
They said that after taking this tea, all seven members fell unconscious and were shifted to district hospital Shopian, where from they were shifted to SMHS Srinagar for advanced treatment.
Sources, however, said that their condition was stable.
They identified them as Azad Ahmad, Hajira Begum, Mohammad Amin, Fareeda Jan, Shabir Ahmed besides two minor kids.