Anantnag: Deputy Commissioner Anantnag has ordered an inquiry into fire incident at ticketing counter following gas leakage at Maternity Child Care Hospital (MCCH) on Tuesday.
Official sources told GNS that Deputy Commissioner Anantnag the ordered an inquiry into the incident to be headed by an ADC-level officer.
The deputy Commissioner said that the administration will bear medical expenses of all injured in the incident.
Besides two employees of the hospital— Sahil Ahmad Raina son of Abdul Ahad and Fayaz Nazir son of Nazir Ahmad, a resident of Malknag, nine attendants were injured in the incident. They include Mohammad Abbass son of Ghulam Rasool, resident of Srigufwara, Bittu Singh, resident of Palpora, Mohd Abass son of Ghulam Rasool, resident of Srigufwara, Zakir son of Mohd.Tariq, resident of Kachwan, Ruby daughter of Manzoor Ahmad, resident of DK Pora, Rehana wife of Farooq Ahmad, resident of DKPora, Sahil son of Abdul Khaliq, resident of Warwan, Junaid Ahmad son of Abdul Gafar, resident of Kokernag, Manan son of Javaid Ahmad, resident of Malknag and Bilkeesa wife of Manzoor Ahmad, resident of DKPora.
“No one has fortunately received any major injury in the incident”, they said. Several of them either received minor injuries in their face, neck and hands.
“Most of them have been already discharged after first aid”, they said.
Meanwhile, a Fire and Emergency Department official told GNS that after initial assessment it was found that there was no major damage caused to hospital room. “Some ticket books and related documents were damaged in the incident. However the fire was brought into control soon after”, the official said. (GNS)