Despite pull out promise China remains in Ladakh, 40,000 PLA troops at LAC : Report

The Kashmir Walla needs you, urgently. Only you can do it.

The Kashmir Walla plans to extensively and honestly cover — break, report, and analyze — everything that matters to you. You can help us.

Most Read This Week

The People’s Liberation Army (PLA)  on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) has continued deployment of around 40,000 troops in its front and depth areas for the Eastern Ladakh sector.

According to news gathering agency Asian News International, the Chinese are also not honouring their commitment for disengagement at the friction points in Eastern Ladakh and not moving back as per the agreed terms during the multiple rounds of talks at the government and Army levels and intervention at the senior level like the one done by the National Security Advisor couple of weeks ago, the sources said.

“The Chinese have not shown any signs of de-escalation as they continue to maintain their heavy troop deployment of almost 40,000 troops supported by heavy weaponry like air defence systems, armoured personnel carriers and long-range artillery in front and depth areas,” ANI quoting unnamed sources reported.

The disengagement process has also not made any progress since the last round of talks between the two Corps Commanders held last week and ground positions have also not changed, the sources said.

The Chinese are also showing reluctance in moving out of the Finger 5 area and retreat back to their permanent location in Sirijap as they want to create an observation post in the Finger area, sources said.

Similarly, they have done a heavy amount of construction of structures in the Hot Springs and Gogra post areas, which are the two major friction points in the Eastern Ladakh sector.

In the Hot Springs and Gogra area, the Chinese have been giving an excuse that India might occupy strategic heights once they retreat to their permanent locations in their side of the border, the sources said.

In the last meeting between Corps commander-level officers on July 14-15, it was agreed that both sides will now monitor further disengagement by troops and verify the development in the next few days.

The NSA, during his interaction with the Chinese side, had made it clear that both sides will have to move back to their permanent locations for the matter to be sorted out completely and to the satisfaction of both sides.

 

Choose a plan as per your location

Latest News

Minor among 4 of family members injured in LPG cylinder blast in Srinagar

A minor boy among four members of a family suffered burn injuries after an LPG cylinder exploded in Aloochibagh...

More Articles Like This