CRPF seeks more and faster transfer of land in Kashmir to set up camps


Most Read This Week

Central Reserve Police Force has written to the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) seeking to expedite the transfer of a recently allotted 65.5 acres of prime real estate to it in Jammu and Kashmir, The New Indian Express has reported.

According to the report, CRPF wrote the letter around two weeks ago requesting the MHA to grant funds, which it could then pay to the J-K administration to take over the land and start construction of designated accommodation for paramilitary personnel, a senior home ministry official told TNI.

The official said the MHA is looking into CRPF’s request for more land in J&-K. “The request for more land from CRPF has been received and it is being looked into,” the official said.

A senior CRPF official said the paramilitary force has sought more land considering the huge deployment of CRPF in J-K due to the security situation there. “Many personnel are currently residing in government buildings but all these are temporary accommodations. Proper and safer accommodation for the personnel can be only built on designated land,” a senior CRPF official said.

The residents have expressed opposition after at least two major community halls were occupied by the CRPF in the past few days. They demanded an alternative accommodation for the forces personnel.

On 28 October, the J-K administration gave nod for transferring 65.5 acres to the CRPF for establishing camping sites at eight villages in Anantnag, Shopian and Pulwama districts

Choose a plan as per your location

Latest News

J-K achieves 2 cr COVID-19 vaccinations milestone: LG commends efforts of frontline workers

Chief Secretary, Dr. Arun Kumar Mehta Wednesday chaired the meeting of the UT Broadband Committee to review the implementation...

More Articles Like This