A 22-year-old boy was electrocuted to death in a house boat near ghat no. 14 at Dal Lake in Srinagar on Monday, reports said.
Reports reaching a local news agency, Kashmir News Observer (KNO), said that a boy identified as Mohammad Younis Lone of Bandipora, who was working as a waiter in Gulfam House boat at Dal Lake near ghat no. 14 was electrocuted while trying to start a water pump.
They said that he was shifted to SMHS hospital in a critical and unconscious condition, where he was declared dead on arrival.
Meanwhile, police have taken cognizance of the incident and have started inquest proceedings in this regard. (KNO)