24-year-old year woman dies in Kangan after tasting ‘poisonous’ grass

The Kashmir Walla needs you, urgently. Only you can do it.

The Kashmir Walla plans to extensively and honestly cover — break, report, and analyze — everything that matters to you. You can help us.

Most Read This Week

A 24-year-old woman died after she tasted some leaves of ‘poisonous’ grass in Central Kashmir’s Kanagan area of Ganderbal district.

Local sources told news agency Kashmir News Trust that a woman (name withheld), daughter of late Nazir Ahmed Var was reaping grass to feed her cattle. They said the grass which is locally known as ‘Bota Ghasa’ is usually being reaped to feed the cattle after separating poisonous stuff from it.

The girl after tasting some leaves of the grass started vomiting abruptly. She was taken to Sub-District Hospital Kangan where doctors referred her to SKIMS.

At SKIMS the girl died during afternoon hours. A doctor said that post-mortem is being conducted on the girl to ascertain the real cause of the death.

The girl who is orphan is the resident of Tangdaji Hayen village of Kangan. (KNT)

Choose a plan as per your location

Latest News

Stop teaching during school hrs or face action: ADC Sopore warns coaching centres

The authorities on Saturday warned coaching institutions, operating in Sopore town of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, of strict action...

More Articles Like This