Pakistan President, Arif Alvi reiterated that the country stands by the people of Kashmir and will not abandon them, GeoTv reported.
This comes after the resumption of ties between India and Pakistan.
Alvi said not only Pakistan but the whole world is concerned about the treatment meted out to ‘innocent’ Kashmiris.
“Whatever is happening in Kashmir, it has become a human tragedy.”
He reminded the world that the resolution of the Kashmir dispute is under the resolutions of United Nations resolutions.
“The whole Pakistan nation is with the Kashmiri people and will continue to stand by them,” Alvi said to Kashmiris.
“Quaid-e-Azam had said that Kashmir is Pakistan jugular vein. We are raising the issue of Kashmir and will continue to do so.”
He urged the international community to take notice of the Kashmir situation and play its role in ensuring regional peace.
Meanwhile, Pakistan’s National Security advisor, Mueed Yusuf said that Kashmir is the core issue between India and Pakistan, “The issue of Kashmir has to be resolved as per the resolutions of United Nations,” Yusuf said. Adding that there is no change in Pakistan’s policy towards Kashmir, “There is no compromise on core issue.”
1. Core interest – kashmir— Waleed ولید (@zamind_) March 24, 2021
2. Bury the past – other differences between the two countries.
3. Prerequisite for forward talks – reverse the 5 August unilateral actions.
4. Kashmir solution – as per UN resolutions.
5. No compromise – on both kashmr issue n the comprehensive securty pic.twitter.com/euXUHKjbtV