‘One side of his face was paralysed’: Doctor dies hours after testing positive for Covid

The Kashmir Walla needs you, urgently. Only you can do it.

The Kashmir Walla plans to extensively and honestly cover — break, report, and analyze — everything that matters to you. You can help us.

Most Read This Week

A 26-year-old junior resident doctor at Delhi hospital succumbed to covid hours after testing positive for the virus.

According to senior doctors at GTB hospital, Dr Anas Mujahid, an MBBS graduate from Delhi’s University College of Medical Sciences, was on duty at the OB-GYN ward till Saturday afternoon and got tested for the virus at 8 pm that night. Around 3 am on Sunday, he died due to intracranial bleeding. Doctors said he had no co-morbidities, Indian Express reported.

One of the youngest doctors who succumbed to the virus at GTB Hospital, his professors said he was a shy, sweet and bright student. “It’s heartbreaking to lose a young and bright doctor. He was a shy student and didn’t speak much during classes but he always greeted me in the hallway. I will miss his smile. I spoke to his seniors at the Gynaecology department where he was working for the last three months. They told me his work was excellent. I am so proud of him. He was working yesterday and served many Covid patients. He was a martyr,” Dr Satendra Singh, Professor of Physiology at UCMS

According to Indian Express, on Saturday evening, Anas went to meet his family for Iftaar. Before heading back to the hotel, he decided to get himself tested for Covid at GTB as he felt unwell. “He complained of body ache and weakness so he got himself tested around 8 pm. The Rapid Antigen Test showed he had Covid. The doctor was writing a prescription when Anas said he was having a severe headache. He then collapsed on the ground and it seemed he was having a seizure. When the doctor removed his face mask, one side of his face was paralysed,” said Dr Shaaz Beg, Anas’s friend and batchmate at UCMS.

Doctors said Anas was rushed to the emergency ward and a CT scan test was done, which showed he had “heavy clotting”. Worried, colleagues and friends immediately several calls to neurosurgeons in and around Delhi.

“Everyone told us he was critical. It all happened so soon, I still can’t process it. Doctors put him on a ventilator around 2.30 am but he died after half an hour. Anas was one of the most hard-working doctors from our batch. He performed duties in the Covid ward, OB-GYN and other places. He was so dedicated,” said Dr Beg.



Choose a plan as per your location

Latest News

Civilian shot dead in Anantnag: Police

Suspected militants on Monday evening shot dead a Udhampur resident near Janglat Mandi in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district. Kashmir Zone...

More Articles Like This