The Kashmir Walla Writing Workshop is a two-month training course for the upcoming, aspiring, and passionate journalists or creative non-fiction writers, who want to learn, engage in deliberations and discussions, and get published. During the rigorous training through reading material, writing exercises and lectures on the craft of writing, you will learn and improve your skills of news reporting, feature writing, long-form writing, creative non-fiction writing and new media skills. Whether you are a student, journalist, blogger, or an aspiring writer, this workshop will pave your way into the field of writing and launch you as a writer.
1. Introduction to news reporting and feature writing
2. Local news reporting and international reporting
3. Read to write: An exercise of what to read to write better
4. Pitch and proposal writing to editors
5. Collecting sources, materials and stories
6. Creative non-fiction writing
8. Publishing your first story
What will be provided
- All the reading material will be provided during the workshop.
- Participants will also be given a certificate by The Kashmir Walla after the publication of their first work.
- Snacks and tea will be provided during the sessions.
- You will also get guidance and counseling for your career in writing.
Journalist and writer, Fahad Shah, who has been published in major publications across the world, and is the founder-editor of The Kashmir Walla. His latest book is novel on Kashmir that will be out in early 2019. Read more about him here.
Month 1: Five Sundays workshop from 11am to 3pm – Readings and discussions.
Month 2: Five Sundays workshop from 11am to 3pm – Writing exercises and craft.
Month 3 and 4: Work at The Kashmir Walla – Get Published.
a) General: Rs. 6,000/
b) Student: Rs. 4200/ (30% off)
c) Institution/Group (10): Rs. 3,900/ (35% off)
Age group: 18-30
Venue: The Kashmir Walla Newsroom
Application Deadline: 22th August 2018
Starting from 26th August 2018 (Sunday)
How To Apply: Submit the application form below.