Armyman, militant and a civilian killed in two attacks of Kashmir

Breaking News Kashmir, jammu,kashmir news, kashmir latest news, kashmir latest videos, pulwama, shopian, internet bans in kashmir, srinagar

Days after mysterious posters from a militant outfit surfaced in restive North Kashmir’s Sopore town, in which people associated with telecommunication business were directed to windup their business within a week’s time, the unidentified armed men Monday barged into a telecom centre and fired indiscriminately on the employees present there injuring three among which one succumbed to his injuries in one of the hospitals in Srinagar.

Eyewitnesses told CNS three pistol borne youth made way into the second story of a building and barged into BSNL franchise Iqra Telecom Centre, where they fired upon the employees without giving them a chance to escape. “There were three employees including the owner present in the outlet. Before escaping from the scene the unknown armed men showered bullets on them leaving them in a pool of blood,” an eyewitness Reyaz Ahmed who was accompanying one of his injured relative at SMHS hospital told CNS.

All the three injured employees of the Telecom Centre were rushed to SMHS Hospital Srinagar where a resident of Phorupath Handwara Rafiq Ahmed Dar son of Muhammad Akbar succumbed to his injuries, eyewitnesses added. “Rafiq had got a two bullets in his chest and he died soon after he was brought into the hospital. The two other injured namely the owner of the Telecom Centre Ghulam Muhammad Shah alias Wakeel son of Abdul Majid a resident of Noorbagh Sopore and Imtiyaz Ahmed Lone son of Abdul Rashid of Achabal Sopore are stable but have been kept under observation,” a doctor at SMHS hospital told CNS.

After the surfacing of warning posters, unidentified men had lobbed two grenades near Airtel tower in Sopore on Saturday evening. From past three weeks, the residents of Sopore are unable to avail recharge facilities anywhere in the town as after militant threat, all the cellular outlets have been shut there.  On May 1 this month, masked pistol borne youth had raided three outlets of Cellular companies in Sopore after their Communication Device which they had reportedly installed on a mobile tower near Badam Bagh Sopore went missing.

Meanwhile, a militant and army soldiers were killed after the brief contact of an army patrolling party and two militants in South Kashmir’s Kulgam district.

Reports said that at least two militants fired upon an Army Patrolling party near Kanjikula Yaripora area of the district. “The Army soldiers from 1 RR were on routine patrol when they came under fire from militants. A soldier Dharam Ram with Belt number 4577583P  was hit by bullet and was immediately shifted to 92 Base Badamibagh hospital Srinagar, where he succumbed to his injuries” an army official told CNS adding that slain soldier was a resident of Rajasthan.

Reports said that soon after militants attacked patrolling party, the Army personnel cordoned off the area while a reinforcement was called in trap the militants. “A contact was established with militants in Kanjikula paddy field and during the brief encounter one militant was killed while another militant managed to break the cordon,” a police official said and identified the slain militant as Attaullah Bhat son of Hafizullah Bhat of Chenigam Kulgam.

An Army official said that the slain militant was affiliated with LeT and was active in the South Kashmir from past three years.

In another incident the driver of a defeated BJP went missing after he reportedly took away the service rifle of a PSO of the BJP leader.

A police official informed CNS that PSO Manzoor Ahmed vide Belt number 757 was attached with a defeated BJP candidate Gulzar Ahmed Nengroo of Prichoo Pulwama. “The BJP leader had a driver and according to the PSO, the driver Bashmir Sofi son of Ashraf Sofi a resident of Tahab Pulwama stole his service rifle and went missing from the house of the BJP leader,” he said adding that hunt has been launched to nab the absconding driver.

The official added that police have registered a formal case and PSO has been arrested already and he is being questioned.

The Kashmir Walla needs you, urgently. Only you can do it.

We have always come to you for help: The Kashmir Walla is battling at multiple fronts — and if you don’t act now, it would be too late. 2020 was a year like no other and we walked into it already battered. The freedom of the press in Kashmir was touching new lows as the entire population was gradually coming out of one of the longest communication blackouts in the world.

We are not a big organization. A few thousand rupees from each one of you would make a huge difference.

The Kashmir Walla plans to extensively and honestly cover — break, report, and analyze — everything that matters to you. You can help us.

Choose a plan as per your location