With the shifting of Darbar to Srinagar traffic pressure is going to increase manifolds in city Srinagar and keeping that in mind traffic police in the city has devised a special mobility plan the details of which are as under:
- There will be one way traffic movement on Residency Road from Polo view to Lal Chowk and further up to Hari Singh High street. Road side parking will not be allowed and the vehicle owners must park their vehicles in the designated parking areas at Press Enclave, Forest Lane, Sports Council parking at Polo view and SMC parking.
- Right turns and U turns will not be allowed on MA road except at Sangarmal Crossing and JK Bank Corporate Headquarter crossing.
- During peak traffic hours there will be one-way traffic on Boulevard road. The vehicles coming from Nishat Shalimar have to move through Gupkar and vehicles going toward Nishat Shalimar have to take Dalgate Boulevard route.
- Traffic in fly over corridor will be one way from Rambagh to Magarmal crossing, outgoing vehicles have to take Jawahar Nagar route.
- No passenger vehicle without a stand in city will be allowed to pick n drop passengers from road side.
- Passenger vehicles are advised not to stop at bridges, curves and undesignated spots. Strict action will be taken against the violators.
- The commuter are requested to board and de-board passenger vehicle at designated spots only and avoid waiting for the passenger vehicles at bridges, curves and congested places.
- The vehicle drivers are advised to follow traffic rules and be part of the solution and not a part of the problem.