Two paramilitary forces’ men, including an officer, were killed in an attack by suspected militants in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Monday afternoon, police said.
The two men are from Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and died on the spot near Halmulla area of the district.
Reportedly, the suspected militants have been successful to leave after the attack.
Fourteen people got injured in a grenade blast in South Kashmir’s Shopian town today afternoon.
A minor girl, among the injured, is reportedly critical and has been shifted to Srinagar.
Different eye witnesses accounts are saying that the grenade was hurled on a vehicle with cops, going for a court hearing. However, other reports say that a gun shot was heard before the grenade explosion.
The district hospital of Shopian has received the below 14 injured persons.
The injured have been identified as follows.
1. Rutba Jan D/O Shakeel Ahmad R/O Wudar
2. Zahid Ahmad S/O Mohammad Shafi Shah R/O Rawalpora
3. Aamir Hussain S/O Farooq Ahmad R/O Muloo
4. Sumaya D/O Mohammad Shafi Najar R/O Shopian
5. Sabeena W/O Mohammad Shafi R/O Shopian.
6. Rayees Ahmad S/O Ghulam Qadir Hajam R/O Ladu Pampore
7. Mohammad Yaqoob Mir S/O Ali Mohammad Mir R/O Tarkuwangam
8. Mohammad Anzar S/O Mohammad Yaqoob
9. Shakeel Ahmad Dar S/O Mohammad Abdulah Dar R/O Lajura
10. Ruby Jan D/O Shakeel Ahmad Khan R/O Kareewa Manloo
11. Shakeel Ahmad Dar S/O Ghulam Mohammad Dar R/O Shopian
12. Ayisha W/O Mohammad Shafi Sheikh R/O Hirpora
13. Sameer Ahmad S/O Mohammad Amin Naikoo R/O Pinjoora
14. Amir Hussain R/O Largam
Published at: 15:18. Updated at: 16:18